As a class, we just finished reading Oedipus, which discusses fate. According to Oedipus no one can escape their fate and trying to escape it will just make it worse, hence Oedipus killing his father and marrying his mother. But, the other end of the spectrum is the Chaos Theory, which states that every little thing you do affects the entire world. Another name for this is The Butterfly Effect, a butterfly flaps its wings and because of a chain reaction there is a tornado in China or something. All this talk about fate has got me thinking about the choices I've made in life and how they've changed me. In fact I realized that I can directly relate fate versus Chaos Theory to my own life.
For the longest time, I thought that I wanted to be a writer. I wrote short stories, poems, and even started some novels. But in seventh grade I realized that a lot of my friends were in the School News Studio. So in eighth grade I joined the News Studio. This led me to take TV Video I in high school which made me realize that I wanted to be a filmmaker. Crazy, huh? If none of my friends had been in the studio I might still be a writer. But at the same time, my filmmaking has led me to begin writing screenplays. Maybe it is my destiny to write just not in the way I thought. While you think about, I'm going to go to band practice. Till next time, I should have taken CP
Good Nick! For your next blog, discuss the literature a bit more specifically. :-)
ReplyDelete